MAKETE operated by Solved (Fiji) Pte Limited (“we”) is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices.
What Personal Information do we Platform Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to MAKETE Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our MAKETE Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of MAKETE Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through MAKETE Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses MAKETE Services and other content served by or on behalf of MAKETE platform on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
What Purposes do we use Your Personal Information for?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to MAKETE Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve MAKETE Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the MAKETE Services.
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with MAKETE Services.
- Provide voice, image and camera services. When you use our voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, MAKETE, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Are Children Allowed to Use MAKETE Services?
MAKETE does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use MAKETE Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Cookies and Other Identifiers
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that website’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies before accessing our website.
Can I Access My Information?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, membership, household settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
Do we Share Your Personal Information?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through MAKETE Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores, download applications from third-party application providers from our App Store. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Protection of MAKETE and Others: We release accounts and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MAKETE, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Is Your Information Secure?
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use MAKETE Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Fiji. If you have any concern about privacy at MAKETE, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to for further investigation to the relevant authority and will provide you contact details.
You can contact us at [email protected]